I have spent three wonderful weeks as a graduate student at Vanderbilt University. While the experience has been quite enlightening... I have noticed several major differences in my two Tennessee schools:
1. At Vanderbilt tailgates, students wear the school colors by accident- you really never accidently wear orange.
2. It is considered "cool" to study on a Friday night.
3. No one at Vandy is actually from Tennessee.
4. Football. Need I say more?
5. The length of the syllabus'- Vandy: 16 pages, size 8 font; Tennessee:4 pages, reading optional