The Glamorous Side of Life

The Glamorous Side of Life

About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee
Live a Colorful Life is a place to share my hopes, thoughts, favorite recipes, personal style, ambitions, favorite reads and stories from my very colorful life. I am married to my best friend, John, and we have one beautiful four-legged daughter, Sophie. We are a true Southern family and can't imagine living anywhere else. I am passionate about giving back to the community and promoting early literacy. I am a former beauty queen... my most noteworthy title was Miss Tennessee Soybean Festival! I also love spending time with friends and family, Barre classes, running, organizing, shopping, reading, the beach, brunch and fresh roses. Above all else, I find my worth in my relationship with Christ. He shapes our family and life.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Vanderbilt vs. Tennessee

I have spent three wonderful weeks as a graduate student at Vanderbilt University. While the experience has been quite enlightening... I have noticed several major differences in my two Tennessee schools:

1. At Vanderbilt tailgates, students wear the school colors by accident- you really never accidently wear orange.
2. It is considered "cool" to study on a Friday night.
3. No one at Vandy is actually from Tennessee.
4. Football. Need I say more?
5. The length of the syllabus'- Vandy: 16 pages, size 8 font; Tennessee:4 pages, reading optional

No comments:

Post a Comment