The Glamorous Side of Life

The Glamorous Side of Life

About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee
Live a Colorful Life is a place to share my hopes, thoughts, favorite recipes, personal style, ambitions, favorite reads and stories from my very colorful life. I am married to my best friend, John, and we have one beautiful four-legged daughter, Sophie. We are a true Southern family and can't imagine living anywhere else. I am passionate about giving back to the community and promoting early literacy. I am a former beauty queen... my most noteworthy title was Miss Tennessee Soybean Festival! I also love spending time with friends and family, Barre classes, running, organizing, shopping, reading, the beach, brunch and fresh roses. Above all else, I find my worth in my relationship with Christ. He shapes our family and life.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

To Serve and Protect




Although my blog is entitled "The Glamorous Side of Life," you will soon learn my life is far from glamorous. The crazy things that have happened to me lead my friends to laugh and just say "That could only happen to you, Holly." And trust me... it has. From bicycle accidents to blocked salivary glands, it has happened to me! The latest incident can also be called an accident...




As I was headed back to North Carolina after a great Christmas vacation with my friends and family in Tennessee, I began to reflect on what an amazing visit I spent with everyone and how I would miss my family so much, as I began the thirteen hour trip back to Charlotte. Like I sometimes do, my thoughts preoccupied my driving skills and, yes, I was speeding. Just as I passed a police car on a rural Tennessee highway going just BARELY over the speed limit (I hardly consider 11 miles over dangering other drivers, especially because there were no other drivers on the deserted country road.)




I was pulled over. By a police officer. A woman police officer. And she was not happy.




I calmly apoligized and explained how I thought I was only going 7 miles over the limit, somehow that seemed better, I soon realized she was not in the business of issuing warnings.




The police officer, lets call her Donna, Donna took my registration, license and insurance information (this will be important later) back to her car to write the ticket. She came back to my car to check on my current address and as I was clarifying my recent move, I felt a HUGE jerk from behind and a loud crash in the back of my car! The only thing I could think of to say, because I was still trying to be polite to get out of my ticket, was "WOW!"


Donna threw all of my paperwork in the middle of the highway and started chasing after her police car that was heading into a ditch! The officer began screaming "The devil is after me today! He is going to get me! It's the devil!"




Needless to say, Donna forgot to put her car in park and it ran into the back of my car, then down the ditch.... maybe the devil was after her after all! Although it was horrible luck, in the back of my mind all I could think was "At least she won't write me a ticket!"




Wrong.




By this point, my license and registration were lost from when the Police Officer threw them in the air, yet, she still wrote a ticket for $215... and never apologized for the accident! I would say she is here to serve tickets and accidents, not protect!!!




Another police officer had to be called in to write an accident report for Donna, and she was not happy. Infact, she was still arguing against the devil! Let's call this officer Barney. Barney showed up with a fat wad of dip in his mouth and declared in a very southern accent, "we would take your ticket to the judge right now, but he is gone huntin' for the week."




So there I was, in my glamorous life, with a dent in my car, a ticket, and a story so impossible, all you can do is laugh!




No comments:

Post a Comment